Friday, February 2, 2007

Am i?




Its been a "hazy day" having need to go back to the Hospital again this morning. The leg numbness is back and its making me walk funny. But nonetheless it shouldn't stop me from putting thoughts into my craft today. No. Actually for the last few days i've been bothered by only one question.


"am i qualified to shoot"


Many people are deem qualified upon their own judgement. But by professional standards and comparison, i am a mere seedling in the soil only. What rights do i have to hold on to the camera to produce art if i am not ready to allow my innerself to let the art flow?


Here's a little thought i'd like to share for today.


"if i am qualified i would have found myself,
If i humble myself i will be in search of myself
and if i am one day should i be qualified
i would have found myself."


Chris Lim


Thus i think i need to constantly ask myself this question. " what is within me that i want to reflect in my images?" if i can find the answer to that, i am ready to shoot. If i am not, then the images i shoot wouldnt have the meaning to it anymore.
X Lim


No comments: